Thursday, July 5, 2012

New Beginnings

I can not believe how long it has been since I wrote my last post. Time seems to really escape you when you're busy. Since I've been pregnant I've never been busier! There is so much planning involved when you're expecting. I have known for some time how I was going to decorate a nursery. It has been a blast putting that idea to work. Some ideas I've had to ditch and try again. Thankfully everything is starting to come together! Josh installed wainscoting in the soon to be nursery. 

He did a beautiful job. Here is a quick look just before the last coat of paint was up and the furniture was brought into the room.
We have since done some decorating and put the crib together! I will say that I'm doing a sailboat theme in the room. Pottery Barn Kids had these adorable wooden buoys this summer in their decor section. When I saw them I knew I had to have them! Since the cheapest one was $30... Josh decided to make some on his own. So I found a picture for him to go off of and he took a trip to Home Depot. For $25 he was able to get enough supplies to make 7. We will only be using 3. FYI you can purchase them on Etsy! 
He did a wonderful job. I painted them to go along with the color scheme I have picked out. They couldn't have turned out better! 
Earlier that week we had just got back from Destin, FL. Where we had the most relaxing vacation. There is nothing like the beach to completely rejuvenate. I came back feeling refreshed and ready to start my next project. I have decided to complete a major project in our home each month for the next 4 1/2 months until baby Charlie arrives. First project on the list.... paint the kitchen and kitchen cabinets. With a cupcake job this weekend, the kitchen will have to wait. Hopefully before the end of July the kitchen will be complete and I'll be posting pictures! 


No comments:

Post a Comment